The firmware is the software installed on the Smart TV which is periodically updated by the manufacturers to improve the performance of your TV. The update is not always automatic and a not updated firmware could hinder the vision of your content.
For this reason, it's important to make sure that the latest firmware version is installed on your Smart TV. To check the version of your firmware and update it, follow the instructions below:
SAMSUNG SMART TV - Tizen operating system
- Turn on your TV and press MENU on your Remote Control
- Select SUPPORT and then CONTACT SAMSUNG. You will be able to see your current firmware version. To update it press SMART CONTROL SETTINGS
LG SMART TV
- Turn on your TV and press SMART TV on your Remote Control
- Select the option SETTINGS
- Select SUPPORT and then SOFTWARE UPDATE. You will see the firmware version of your TV. To update it, select VERIFY UPDATED VERSION
PANASONIC SMART TV
- Turn on your TV and press INTERNET on your Remote Control
- Click on the box in the middle of the screen containing your TV channels and select the MENU option on your Remote Control
- Click SETTINGS, select SYSTEM MENU and then SYSTEM INFORMATION. You will be able to see your current software version. To update select SYSTEM UPDATE
HISENSE SMART TV
- Turn on your Smart TV and visit the SETTINGS section
- Click on INFORMATIONS and then on SOFTWARE UPDATE Select DETECT to verify if there are available versions more recent than the one installed on your device.